Medical Malpractice Attorney
We Always Prepare to Go to Trial
Medical malpractice occurs when a physician, dentist, nurse, pharmacist or medical professional deviates from the standard of his or her profession and causes injury to a patient. A person who alleges medical malpractice must prove four elements:
- A duty of care was owed by the medical professional;
- The medical professional violated the applicable standard of care;
- The medical professional was the cause of the injury;
- The patient suffered damages as a result of the medical professional’s negligence.
By using a combination of experts, interrogatories, and depositions, we prepare your case to establish to a jury that by a preponderance of the evidence, the medical professional was negligent.
Some examples of medical malpractice include:
- Failure to diagnose a disease
- Failure to obtain informed consent regarding a surgery
- Overlooking essential medical history such as drug allergies
- Medication errors
- Failure to provide follow-up instructions to a patient
- Triage errors
If you or a loved one has been victimized by a hospital or medical professional do not hesitate: Call the Flanagan Injury Law Group now at 773-789-8LAW (8529). The consultation is free and we are available 24 hours a day/7 days per week.