Chicago Defective Product Lawyer
We should be able to trust that the products we buy are safe. In the case of potentially dangerous products, we expect that they come with adequate instructions and warnings to prevent injury. Far too often, though, manufacturers cut corners and let dangerous or defective products slip through. They’re often more concerned about making a buck than public safety.
At Flanagan Injury Law Group, LLC, we stand up for people who have been hurt by dangerous products. Our founder, L. Michael Flanagan, is an award-winning personal injury attorney who truly cares about helping clients recover. He has secured millions of dollars for clients and has many five-star client reviews.
Our legal team is well-versed in the nuances of Illinois personal injury law. Based in Chicago, we represent people throughout the area who have been injured by dangerous products.
Categories Of Products That Commonly Cause Injury
While virtually any product has the potential to cause harm, some categories tend to be more problematic than others. The biggest culprits include:
- Power tools
- Tires, brakes, seatbelts and other auto parts
- Medical devices and implants
- Child and baby gear (a common category for product recalls)
Depending on the type and complexity of the product, it may be necessary to involve experts in engineering, product design or other fields to help prove your case. Our lawyers can evaluate your situation and take a thorough approach to build a strong case.
Three Types Of Product Defects
There are several ways that product manufacturers can be held accountable for the harm their products cause. The three main categories of product defects include:
- Manufacturing defect: These products are generally safe, but due to quality control or other issues, a single defective product slipped through off the assembly line.
- Dangerous design: Many of these cases involve poor product design that exposes people to needless dangers.
- Inadequate warnings: Manufacturers are required to provide adequate warnings to prevent foreseeable dangers in the use of their products.
No matter what kind of case you have, you can rely on our team to fight for your maximum financial recovery.
What Defective Products Injuries Are Most Common?
Defective product injuries vary widely based on the product and its uses. Some common defective product injuries include:
- Cuts and lacerations, including amputations
- Choking and asphyxiations
- Chemical burns and heat burns
- Medical complications, particularly when the defective product is medical equipment
- Brain injuries
Get A Free Review Of Your Product Liability Case
To get an opinion on whether you have a case and how we can help, please contact our Chicago-based attorney through the website or call 773-789-5870.